On 11 October 2016, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) notified World Trade Organisation (WTO) of NotificationsG/TBT/N/KOR/676, G/TBT/N/KOR/678 and G/TBT/N/KOR/680 proposing to amend the Special Act on Safety of Children’s Products, involving leather products for children, textile products for children,care articles for children, toy and school things.
Draft revisions for safetyconfirmation for children's products (care articles for children, toy and school things) have been revised as follows:
1.Care articles for Children:
极速快3 · Addition of physical requirements for children's bed guards to verify structural safety
· Physically low-risk products was deleted from the category of children's synthetic resins products
· Addition of safety requirements and labeling requirements for ride able electromotive toys
· Addition of safety requirements for harmful chemicals and corresponding change in testing methods
· Addition of microbiological safety toys
· Clarification of types of musical instruments in school supplies
A draft revision for Safety ConformationCriteria forTextile Products for Infant notice has been revised as follows:
· Electrical safety requirements for Textile Products for Infants including Li-ion battery and safety requirement for nonylphenol and nonylphenol ethoxylate are added.
According to the Safety Conformation System,manufacturers or importers are required to confirm safety by reporting to safety certification body with attachment of test and inspection body certificates from testing laboratories and inspection bodies designated by models of the products before product release or clearance through the customs to identify whether they conform to the safety criteria。
极速快3 A draft revision for supplier conformationcriteria for leather products for children, textile products for children notice has been revised as follows:
· Electrical safety requirements for leather products for children including Li-ion battery are added
· Electrical safety requirements for textile products for children including Li-ion battery and safety requirement for nonylphenol and nonylphenol ethoxylate are added
C&K Testing advises businesses take special account for chemical testing of toys (e.g. heavy metals and organic tin) and textiles for children and infants (e.g.nonylphenol and nonylphenol ethoxylate) to avoid technical barriers to trade.
|Our Services: Toys & Children's Products